Twitch is a live-streaming platform that specializes in video game live streams. The company is most well-known for its streaming of video game live streams. It has partnered with video game companies such as Blizzard, Valve, Riot Games, and Nintendo.
In this article, I am going to tell you 10 interesting facts about the Twitch application.
- The first name of the company is not Twitch, it is Justin.tv 2.
- Twitch has over two million broadcasters, 15 million daily active users, and an average of 100 million monthly viewers.
- The term "stream" refers to the process of broadcasting live video content online.
- In 2015, Twitch was the third-largest source of Internet traffic during peak times in the United States, behind Netflix and Google.
- It has got a feature called 'Chroma-key' which allows the users to show themselves on a green screen.
- The app has got a feature called 'cheering'. Users can give virtual gifts to the streamer.
- Twitch moved beyond a gaming-oriented website to become a platform for general live streaming using dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- More than 15,000 Twitch community members have uploaded videos to YouTube, and Twitch users watch gaming-related content on YouTube for more than 300 million hours a month.
- The most popular game on Twitch is League of Legends. Over the last three years, the number of people watching League of Legends has doubled. Last year, League of Legends was the most-watched game on the streaming service, with more than 43 million hours of gameplay watched.
- On average, people watch 95 minutes of Twitch videos every day.
The Bottom Line
Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers. Each day, millions of community members gather to watch, talk, and chat about shared interests.
I was using the Twitch app on the App Store for iOS for ages, and I loved it since it is really easy to use and has all the needed features.